So today was a kitchen day… finally all the Christmas junk has gone and my cupboards are no longer groaning with festive goodies.
A quick trip to the supermarket for provisions for this super easy granola recipe, packed with mood enhancing ingredients.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice – I used walnuts
1/4 cup raw seeds – I used TESCO Chia and Flex seed sprinkles
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp Agarve syrup or raw honey or a mixture of both. I used the gorgeous Sarah’s fruity acacia honey.
A few drops of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat over at 140 centigrade.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil (this is generally solid), honey/ syrup and heat in a microwave. If you don’t have a microwave then heat it gently on a hob until the coconut oil is melted.
- Add the coconut mixture to the dry ingredients and make sure they are thoroughly combined. This mixture should resemble small sticky lumps, like uncooked flapjacks
- Spread the mixture between two backing sheets covered in a layer of grease proof paper and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take the granola out and with a spatula turn it over to ensure the mix is thoroughly golden and “cooked/dry”. You will need to return it to the oven but check it regularly until it is “cooked/dry”. Keep turning it. Take care though as the granola burns easily.
- Once done remove and allow to cool.
- When the granola is cool store in an airtight jar -I used a Kilner jar.
Enjoy your granola with yogurt and fruit for breakfast, or with milk as an anytime snack!